Travel Claims Handler
At MAPFRE Assistance we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in insurance and assistance products. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
Our company is a market leader in providing claims handling services, assistance services and speciality risk products. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, team driven individual to join our travel claims department as a claims handler. As a team, and individually, we are expected to meet targets set by the Company to ensure we are providing our clients and customers with a first class service. The successful candidate for this role will be working on their own initiative, have some autonomy in their role, be involved in investigating claims and developing an interest in macro environment issues and individual cases.
Ideally, the Claims Handler should have some experience working in an insurance claims environment, and full APA accreditation is a distinct advantage for this role, however not a requirement.
Working hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.
What you’ll do:
- Assess claim circumstances as per the policy terms and conditions, and communicate the claim decision to the customer in writing
- Handle customer calls and correspondence politely, meeting standards of customer service excellence in accordance with the KPI’s set by the Team Leader
- Refer claims that fall outside of the individual authorization limit, in line with the Company’s escalation procedure
- Ensure fair outcomes of valid claims
- Provide advice on policy coverage
- Identify potential complaints and refer them to complaints officer
- Investigate potentially fraudulent claims
- Identify and follow up on all recovery avenues
- Interact with cross functional team as needed to ensure quality customer support
- Assist trainer in onboarding and training new colleagues
- Liaise with external providers and clients to gather relevant information in order to complete claims assessment
- Positively contribute to the team’s effectiveness, continuous improvement and overall success
Adhere to the Company’s procedures and policies
- Ensure work in carried out in accordance with the Consumer Protection Code, Data Protection regulations and all other relevant legislation
35 hours a week, core business days are Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm with a 1 hour unpaid rest period for lunch. These hours may change if required in order to meet business requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- Successful candidate must be willing to achieve or working towards APA qualification
- Minimum of 1 years’ claims experience preferable
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Job Description: Claims Handler (Travel)
- Ability to use their own initiative and make good decision when under pressure in the best interests of both the customer and business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good planning and organisation skills in order to meet timescales
- Good numerical skills and literacy skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Technical knowledge of typical travel insurance products a distinct advantage
- A good knowledge and understanding of the insurance market, the basic insurance principles and regulations, is preferred
APA or CIP qualification a distinct advantage. However, if you are not APA / CIP qualified this role may still be for you. As MAPFRE is regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland, our employees are required to meet minimum competency requirements. We are with you every step of the way and will support and cover the cost of you becoming qualified to empower you in your role as claims handler and to deliver to our customers a positive experience.
What we offer:
- Service days
- Time and attendance quarterly rewards
- APA / CIP training
- Free Motor Rescue and European Travel Insurance
- Health insurance discount
- 20% discount on all other travel insurance outside Europe
- Sports & social club
- City centre office location, handy for public transport
- Bike to work scheme
- Travel Pass
- Opportunity to work with a global company based in over 35 countries
About the Company
MAPFRE Assistance is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email email@example.com.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.
End-to-end management of travel insurance, from underwriting, claims management, customer service and compliance to a white label solution based on the award-winning InsureandGo platform.