Motor Claims Handler
At MAPFRE Assistance we’ve grown consistently in recent years to become a market leader in insurance and assistance products. Our objective is to continue this profitable growth by providing the world-class customer service that our clients have come to expect.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Motor Claims Handler who thrives in a customer-focused environment. Reporting to the Motor Claims Team Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring claims and enquiries are handled in accordance with the terms of the policy and regulatory requirements, to ensure that customers receive first-class support and advice, and to maintain regular dialogue with the warranty sales team
What you’ll do:
- Handle inbound and outbound calls and queries from policyholders, motor dealers and repairers in a professional and efficient manner.
- Process and review claims information and ensure correct documentation is received.
- Negotiate claims costs with suppliers.
- Maintain complete and accurate claims records on internal IT systems.
- Support Operations & Sales with system administration and product info.
- Complete IT system administration updates as required by the sales team.
- Liaise with motor breakdown team, finance department and sales team.
- Adhere to regulatory and compliance requirements.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm (35 hours per week), although some flexibility is required dependent on business needs
What we’re looking for:
- Strong computer literacy and working knowledge of MS Office is an essential
- Previous experience working in a customer service environment is an essential.
- Previous experience of working in a garage, car manufacturer or motor dealership with knowledge of body shop repairs, etc. advantage but not essential.
- Team player
- Strong negotiation skills
APA or CIP qualification a distinct advantage. However, if you are not APA / CIP qualified this role may still be for you. As MAPFRE is regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland, our employees are required to meet minimum competency requirements. We are with you every step of the way and will support and cover the cost of you becoming qualified to empower you in your role as claims handler and to deliver to our customers a positive experience.
What we offer you:
- Service days
- Time and attendance quarterly rewards
- APA / CIP training
- Free Motor Rescue and European Travel Insurance
- Health insurance discount
- 20% discount on all other travel insurance outside Euro
- Sports & social club
- City centre office location, handy for public transport
- Bike to work scheme
- Travel Pass
- Opportunity to work with a global company based in over 35 countries
Please note the business reserves the right to review & amend this role to incorporate the future needs of the role, department & Company, if necessary.
About the Company
MAPFRE Assistance is a market leader in travel insurance, car breakdown assistance, car warranty and home emergency assistance. We work with Ireland’s largest insurers, brokers and motor dealers. We have been based in Galway city centre since 1991, the Irish unit of one of the world’s largest insurance and assistance companies.
For more information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assisting your customers with any emergency in their home through our network of providers. We also provide boiler service, pest control, leak and flooding detection, home helpline, and other services.
Over 30 years’ experience providing motor breakdown assistance, with a nationwide network, state-of-the-art assistance technology and a 24/7 Galway City contact centre. We also provide vehicle warranty and vehicle insurance products through our sister brand MAPFRE Warranty.
End-to-end management of travel insurance, from underwriting, claims management, customer service and compliance to a white label solution based on the award-winning InsureandGo platform.